Do you have time to help us support patients and those who use our services?
Southern Health has committed to developing our Volunteer opportunities within the Trust and have launched a new #VolunteersRvalued (VRV) initiative.
Here are some examples of the types of volunteering you can get involved in:
- Provide social support to patients on a day to day basis e.g engage them in conversations and provide attention to patients when the ward is under pressure.
- Take lead and show new volunteers around the ward so they are familiar with the setting.
Patient Activities Volunteer
- Helping the Occupational Therapist / Nursing staff with patient activities i.e quizzes, puzzles and games
- To assist Occupational therapists with ideas of patient activities.
- Talking to patients on the wards
- Washing, cutting and drying patients hair
Do I need any experience?
You don’t need any experience to be a volunteer, however you will need to be above the age of 18. We are looking for kind, compassionate people with the desire to really make a difference in someone else’s life.
How much time do I have to give?
The amount of hours depends on the volunteering role you wish to do, please check the job description for more information.